Manchester, N.H. – The historic men's basketball season came to a close this evening, as the eighth-seeded Lions fell to top-seeded Saint Anselm College, 81-71, in the quarterfinals of the NCAA East Regional Tournament. Molloy's championship-winning season concludes with a 21-10 overall record.
- Molloy took a 6-0 lead to start the contest on field goals from seniors Curtis Jenkins and Mike Torre and redshirt sophomore Justin Caldwell.
- The Hawks knotted the contest, 13-13, with 12 minutes remaining in the opening half.
- The score would be tied twice more before Saint Anselm took a 30-29 lead into the half.
- Jenkins and junior Nick Corbett hit back-to-back three-pointers to put Molloy in front, 35-32.
- After being tied 37-37 with 16:36 remaining, the Hawks went on a 6-0 run.
- The lead would increase to as much as 13 points with 4:15 left to play.
- A 7-0 run brought the maroon and white within six points, 71-65, with 2:26 on the clock, but the home team hung on to take the 10-point victory.
- Corbett topped the Lions with 21 points while adding four rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
- Jenkins tallied 17 points, nine rebounds, three steals, and one assist while Torre added 13 points and six rebounds.
- Caldwell led the team with 10 rebounds and three blocks.
Provided by the Molloy Sports Information Department.