West Nyack, N.Y. - St. Thomas Aquinas College Athletes representing the Cross Country and Track & Field programs took time from their busy schedules on Sunday to roll up their sleeves and lend a hand at the 5th Annual Fall Family Festival, sponsored by the Historical Society of Rockland County.
The event, held at Germonds Park in West Nyack, NY brought families from across the county and neighboring communities together for a whole host of activities, including:
- Revolutionary War demonstrations and reenactments
- Horse-drawn hayrides
- Pumpkin picking, painting and decorating
- Sheep shearing demonstrations
- Children's games, arts and crafts
- Lace making demonstrations
- Pen-turning workshops
- Story telling about the Witch of West Nyack
- A special visit and discussion with Ben Franklin
- Free mini golf
Visitors also enjoyed food, refreshments, music and raffle.
Provided by the St. Thomas Aquinas Sports Information Department.